Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop For Sale/Trade 2001 Homegrown Yellow – Rode it twice ….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    zzw26n2
    Participant

Any interest in this Bike? I would love to see it go to a good home.
    I just retired and won’t be mountain biking any time soon, and I don’t see a mark on it! what’s a fair price?

zzw26n2
    Participant

Measures 17″ to CL of crank to the top of yellow seat post (clamp).

bikeric
    Participant

Great looking Homegrown!!  2001 was the only year to have the I.S. rear disc mounts too.  17″ is the perfect size for me…but I’m not in the market for another bike right now.  My guestimate for value would be $500-$750.  The Homegrown resale market isn’t what it used to be.  Good luck with sale, and enjoy your retirement!!  

zzw26n2
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words Ric …. 

walktheline
    Participant

Did this sell?  If not, I might be interested….

zzw26n2
    Participant

I still have the Bike, and switched over 2.5 gravel tires and started riding it.

I was not getting the Offers I expected and thought I should start enjoying the bike.

I’ve road it 6-8 times now (almost used!)

regards, Ward

livernose
    Participant

Looks in good shape plus it is the 2001 version with the rear IS brake mounts. I would say it would fetch $450 to $500 in my area of the country. If I were you I’d keep and ride it. Us retired guys have to stay in shape.

zzw26n2
    Participant

[quote=livernose]

Looks in good shape plus it is the 2001 version with the rear IS brake mounts. If I were you I’d keep and ride it. Us retired guys have to stay in shape.

[/quote]

You’re to kind … that’s what I’m going to do, keep it and enjoy it. It was Brand New ….

RickM
    Participant

any chance u want to sell                                                                                                             

zzw26n2
    Participant

Make an Offer Richard …. $500-750, I’ll just keep it.

Warf

Mtnbkrdr98
    Participant

Happy Retirment! And I’m happy you are riding it – and getting/keeping fitness on gravel.

That being said, I’d like to make you an offer, IF you’re willing to pack or get it packed and shipped to Boise?  If not, no worries, and again, then just keep ridiing regularly!

zzw26n2
    Participant

I’ve shipped Bikes before, expect around $90-100 for shipping

Go ahead and make an Offer, the worse is I say no …

Ward

Mtnbkrdr98
    Participant

will reply in private message

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top