New member...what bike do I have?

You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
SIKES44
New member...what bike do I have?

Hi all. Looking for info (year, model, etc) on my homegrown. I bought it from a friend who worked at a bike store. The bike was only ridden a few times and he was explaining how the bike was really special...? I've owned it since then and have only ridden it maybe 10 times. Here's a picture. I'm just curious because everyone freaks out when I say I have a homegrown and ask several questions I don't have answers for. Thank you very much ahead of time.

tomatoadmin
tomatoadmin's picture

Looks like a '97 XT with some upgraded parts. Here's the model, though the catalog picture is of the polished frame: http://bonustomato.com/models/1997-homegrown-hardtail-xt-ht

SIKES44

Thank you very much. Everything else is XTR except the crank. I was having no luck finding any model/year with that combo.

tomatoadmin
tomatoadmin's picture

I should've added those were available as framesets, so it's probably more likely a custom build from the start than replacing a bunch of parts. Dur.

SIKES44

I do remember getting some extra parts with the bike. It's been so long ago, but I'm thinking possibly the xt derailers, etc. I wouldn't ever sell the bike, but was curious what this would sell for. Several guys offered me $600-$700 and said they mainly wanted the frame. Thanks again for helping me out.

SIKES44

Bump