Upgrade

You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
DGitin
Upgrade

I have a homegrown race full XTR. Bike is perfect. The older I get the less I'm interested in new things. I can ride this bike always. The upgrade that is mandatory is suspension. My SID is fully locked a seams like parts are few. I would go for a new fork. Can I do this? What direction should I go?? Any help out there would be so much appreciated...
DG.

icwakegirl

If you are not using disc brakes I'd try to find a used sid with v brake mounts that is in good condition, and get some rebuild parts, they are usually available on eBay and have it rebuilt. I've found a few shops that will rebuild the old forks. I think I paid around $170 including shipping and the rebuild parts.

DGitin

Thanks. I know there is a shop in boulder. I spoke to them. I just wanted. Modern step up then my SID. Or maybe I don't need.

livernose
livernose's picture

The older SIDs are still one of the lightest forks out there and performs well especially if it is a dual air with a lock out. They aren't difficult to rebuild either. Manuals are on-line. If you want a newer fork, you would have to find one with a straight, non tapered steer tube. I have an older Fox RLC on one of my bikes and it performs great.

Jeff
94 Underground aluminum cracked frame
2- 97 Underground composite
97- Homegrown Factory
99- Homegrown Pro
01- Homegrown Factory Limited