Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums General Stuff Homegrown Talk Looking at a 2001 factory Limited

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    robster
    Participant

Hello- I’m looking at a 2001 Homegrown Factory Limited at my local bike shop, seller wants $850, 19 inch frame in minty condition SRAM X0 9spd, XTR brakes, and Titec titanium stem and bars. Is $850 a decent price? Thanks bunches.

80sbike
    Participant

Yes, if all is “minty” as you say, then I would think that is a fair price. I have a 2001 factory limited and love the ride! (not minty, but reasonable condition, and I paid just under $600).

robster
    Participant

thanks bunches

livernose
    Participant

If it is the bike pictured it is worth it. I would make a cash offer and see if he would come down a bit. Disc brakes would make it much sweeter. I paid $600 for an NOS frame a few years ago.

robster
    Participant

Thanks, I bought the bike and I love it, always wanted one when they first came out but could not afford it.
    Cheers,
    Robert

Homegrown Gold
    Participant

I have alot of homegrowns, and you got an exellent deal!!!!

Homegrown Gold
    Participant

You could sell that bike for 3,000.

livernose
    Participant

From one Jeff to another that seems optimistic. I’ve got a 01 Factory Limited I have about $2500 into and never thought I would get anywhere near that for it.livernose-homegrownlimited1.jpg

Homegrown Gold
    Participant

Nice ride there jeff!! yours looks mint! i love these! I collect the frames. Thats what yours is worth in my mind. Super clean! I have cracked 2 frames and i got a excellent welder (aviation) weld the bottom brackets. welds hold great! i do dye & pen on them now & then. all good. who says you can’t weld frames…….. use to race, now ride…… i like your collection. my girlfriend freaks on all the bike frames i got laying around. I hang them on my cottage walls. Look real sweet. was the best frame for its time. Jeff

Homegrown Gold
    Participant

I do have a showroom floor 17in. gold. i will be hanging that in my new house living room wall. going to look sweet. I will send you pic

Homegrown Gold
    Participant

whole bike. 2000 i believe

livernose
    Participant

Funny you mention wall art. Here’s my family room wall.livernose-schwinnfamilyroomwall.jpg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top