Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums General Stuff Homegrown Talk Fork for Hardtail 96 factory XT (might be a 95 Homegrown XT )

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    heinz57
    Participant

What are the specs needed for a replacement? I’m thinking I will get a Fox RL if it’s a match and have it rebuilt? Is 100mm too big?
    Thanks John

livernose
    Participant

80mm or 100mm travel rides nice. My son has a 100 mm on his hard tail, and I have an 80mm ready to go on my sweetspot frame. Just make sure it s an 1 1/8″ straight and isn’t a tapered steer tube.

tomatoadmin
    Keymaster

What Livernose said. Lots of guys running 100s these days.

heinz57
    Participant

Where is the best place to pick one up … people on eBay are asking 3 bills for beaters?

livernose
    Participant

Depends on what type brakes you are going to run up front. The Fox disc/v-brake compatible forks are harder to find, the disc are usually easier and a little less expensive. If you want to run a Rockshox SID (2001 to 2005 w/lock out) up front, they are usually significantly cheaper and easier to find, if you can live with the 28mm stanchions versus the 32mm stanchions on the Fox. I have both SIDs and Fox RL on my bikes, and they both ride well. I’m sure there are other options, but the air forks ride the best in my opinion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top