My New '99 Factory HT

You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
s4e
My New '99 Factory HT

Hey there. New to this site (not new to Homegrowns though).

From 98-04 I rode a blue/silver factory frame. Man did I love that bike and man did I put it through the paces. Since, I have owned a couple Santa Cruz full suspension rigs and since '13 I have really been enjoying a Yeti ASR5c. For about the past 10 years I have been combing ebay and this site for a 21" project frame to build up. It had to be a two-toned yeti-built factory frame like my first Homegrown. Low and behold this past September I found one on eBay. The frame was in immaculate condition. My expectation was to source parts for this over the next 6 months or so.....I got too excited and a little over a month later I have her built-up. She's running a newer XTR 1x10, XTR M950/952 levers/brakes, Fox Float 100 w/ new paint and decals, handbuilt King Classic Hubs w/ Velocity AeroHeats, Thomson cockpit, Oury grips (of course), King headset, WTB Volt saddle.

Looking forward to the first ride this weekend.

Best Regards,
Tony

80sbike

Nicely done! You need to post that to the FB page and let more enthusiast drool over it!

tomatoadmin
tomatoadmin's picture

So hot!

livernose
livernose's picture

That's a nice build. Love the King hub and Fox Fork, and modern bits on a vintage frame.

Jeff
94 Underground aluminum cracked frame
2- 97 Underground composite
97- Homegrown Factory
99- Homegrown Pro
01- Homegrown Factory Limited

s4e

Thanks guys! I am really happy with how it turned out.
I do not have a FB account so can't post there. Be my guest if you want to post it.