Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sweetbabyj45
    Participant

Hi there! I acquired this 1999 Homegrown Factory from a client who’d had it hanging in a garage for years. He knew I’d do something with it so, lucky me! It was a Frankenstein of components, some of which were broken or otherwise unusable. While I sourced components from eBay (trying desperately to keep cost down) I went about stripping paint (that stuff is thiiiick). As I’m not much of a mountain biker I wanted to make it a climber more than anything. I hope you like it.

tomatoadmin
    Keymaster

Sounds cool but looks like any images you tried to attach didn’t get uploaded. If you’re having trouble with that let me know.

tomatoadmin
    Keymaster

That’s a sweet build. How do you like the KCNC v-brakes? Is that their seat collar too?

sweetbabyj45
    Participant

I like the kcnc’s, braking is great, setup was a little tricky (but again, compairing to road bike brakes). I don’t notice any sloppiness (or flex when I’m really cranking on them). I don’t have the kcnc brake levers, but got j&L’s instead. The collar is actually a mcfk road bike collar that I had lying around (don’t ask why). I plan to get a shorter black Thompson seatpost (current one is 410mm, way too long) and a different saddle to match the bike a bit better. Glad you like it, thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top