Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums General Stuff Homegrown Talk Project Underground aluminum tires

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    livernose
    Participant

Does anybody know what tires were on the Project Underground aluminum, also  referred to by some as Project Colorado? I can’t make out the brand or size of the tires on the project oddities tab on this page, but they look like skin wall tires.

tomatoadmin
    Keymaster

No idea here. I’ll try to ask my people…

bikeric
    Participant

I thought they were Panaracer Smoke rear and Dart front.  You can get repop’s still from Panaracer.

https://panaracerusa.com/product/smoke-dart-mtb-tire/

livernose
    Participant

Thanks for the link. I just bought another Project Underground aluminum frame. Unfortunately I don’t think a 2.10 will fit on the rear. Last 3 frames  I had to use 1.95  in the rear. I ran  IRC Mythos 1.95 in the rear and 2.10 in front.

Not sure I’m going to even build this frame, and if I do it will be a wall hanger for display, and if I do I  might try and  squeeze a 2.10 on back. I’ve had 3 other of these frames and rode them all, and unfortunately all  3 cracked  at the head tube. I have plenty of other bikes to ride, and I’m not in a hurry to build this one. They’re difficult to find, and besides,  my wife still doesn’t know I bought it.

letenn
    Participant

I love those tires.  I have two sets.  Skinwall set on my 2000 Homegrown, and a blackwall set on my Schwinn Moab.  

letenn-smokes.jpeg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top