Schwinn Homegrown Model Identifier Forums The Shop Wanted 2001 Homegrown 17 inch built or frame only

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jared
    Participant

Call off the search. I recently picked up an ’01 comp for my wife from a Boulder CL ad someone had posted to the Homegrown FB page (thanks by the way). P.S. sorry to who ever offered $125 for him to hold it, I offered him $150 and a 6er of his choice. Must not have been a beer drinker. Luckily, My brother just moved to Denver and was able to pick it up that night. It was even cleaner than it looked in the picks. 2 boulder CL ads= 2 ’01 comps!
    /*—————Since I recently had the pleasure of getting my hands on a 01′ comp, to replace the one in the story below, I am now looking for a 17 inch for my wife so that she can also experience one of the greatest hard tails ever made. —————*/
    /*————— I had my 2001 Homegrown Comp stolen out of my garage, in broad daylight, awhile back. I see this guy with my bike 4 years later, it had been painted beige, but I recognized all the after market parts that I had outfitted it with. Turns out, he got it after it had been seized by the cops in a raid. They put it up for auction where he got it for “dirt cheap” he said. He then says he wants 500 bucks for me to get “MY” bike back. The Cops won’t do anything even though I have all the paperwork, literature, Photos of me on the bike, and I even have the leftover bit of plastic from when I added the chain stay protector to enter for forensics file (the ends will match up no doubt). Now I can’t find the guy to try and buy it back. I just want my rosebud back, or maybe her cousin.

Sincerely,
    Sleepless in my garage —————*/

livernose
    Participant

That’s a raw deal.

Scuffy
    Participant

You say any version? I have a ’97 Homegrown Factory Suspension 21″ frame in Bass Boat Blue (paint very good to excellent condition) with no decals listed on this site. You can contact me at myknucklehead1@gmail.com

jared
    Participant

By “any version” I was referring to pro, factory, factory limited or comp hardtail 2001. Thanks anyways

80sbike
    Participant

I just spotted this and I remembered seeing your post.

Rose bud’s cousin is in Fort Collins: https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/bik/6009832814.html

jared
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up! Will let you know if it works out.

jared
    Participant

thanks again for the heads up. She should be in my arms in a few weeks. Ill post photos once I dress her up. I’m thinking of utilizing those disk break brackets and Ive always wanted some Chris King hubs.

80sbike
    Participant

Nice! I am glad that worked out. It is like I performed a little community service.

Now if someone can help me locate and secure a 1997 21″ Factory Hardtail in bass boat blue, the good karma I put out there will have gone full circle. 🙂

livernose
    Participant

I will keep my eyes out for a 97 21″ BBB. I was lucky enough to find a 19″ one locally. They really sparkle in the sun.livernose-hfside.jpg

80sbike
    Participant

Haha! Thanks Jeff! That is a nice looking bike! Did it come like that or did you build it up? Can I ask what you paid for it?

livernose
    Participant

I bought the whole bike but only used the frame for this build. All the parts I took off the frame were not original, but the frame was in great shape with only a few spots on the seat stays that needed a touch up. I don’t remember exactly what I paid for it, but it was around $500. Currently I have a little over $2000 in the build counting what I paid for it. NOS period correct parts aren’t cheap. I currently have changed the tires to Specialized Fat Boys and am using it as a hybrid.

80sbike
    Participant

Well, it is a gorgeous bike. You did right by it.

cory79
    Participant

Schwinn Homegrown. 21″ Black and gold. decals in good shape, no dents or cracks.
    Chris King headset.
    XT cranks
    XT front der.
    XTR rear der.
    XTR shifters.
    XTR front and rear v brakes.
    Mavic rear wheel with XTR hub. new rubber
    Mavic front wheel, new rubber.
    Fox 32 RLC shock.
    Titanium skewers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top